APPLICATION FOR ORDINARY MEMBERSHIP
3. (1) A person who;
(a) Is serving or has served in the Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, or
(b) Has served in the Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, or
(c) Has served in the Australian Army Ordnance Corps (Mechanical Engineering Branch), or
(d) Has served in any British Commonwealth Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers with which the Australian Army has served, or
(e) Is serving or has served as attached to any of the foregoing and is nominated and approved for membership as provided in these rules is eligible to be a member of the Association on payment of the Annual Subscription payable under these rules.
(2) A person who is not a member of the Association at the time of the incorporation of the Association (or who was such a member at that time but has ceased to be a member) shall not be admitted to membership:-
- unless he is nominated as provided in Sub-Rule (3); and
- his admission as a member is approved by the Committee.
APPLICATION FOR ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
3A. (1) A person over the age of 18 and of the immediate family of a member (or a Deceased Member) who met the requirements of Sub Rule 3.(1), and who is nominated and accepted in accordance with these rules is eligible to be an Associate Member of the Association on payment of the prescribed Annual Subscription.
(2) The nomination of a person for Associate Membership shall follow the procedure for the nomination of an Ordinary Member (see Sub Rule 3. (3)).
(3) An Associate Member shall have the same rights and privileges and be subject to the same rules as a member, except that an Associate Member may not serve on the Committee of Management, nominate a person for the Committee of Management or vote at a General Meeting.
(4) A right, privilege, or obligation of an associate member is not capable of being transferred or transmitted to another person.
4. The amount of the Subscription shall be determined by the Committee from time to time and ratified at the Annual General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting called for that purpose.