1. The name of the Incorporated Association is RAEME ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Inc. (In these rules called "the Association").
2. (1) In these Rules, unless the contrary intention appears:-
“Associate Member" means an Associate Member of the Association.
“By-Law" means a By-law of the Association.
"Committee" means the Committee of Management of the Association.
"Financial Year" means the year starting on 1st July and ending on 30th June.
“General Meeting" means a General Meeting of members convened in accordance with Rule 11.
”Life Member" means a member who has been nominated and elected a Life Member in accordance with Rule 27.
“Member" means an Ordinary Member of the Association.
"Special Member" means a member in need as determined by the Committee.
"The Act" means the Association Incorporation Act 1985.
“The Regulations" means Regulations under the Act.
(2) In these Rules, a reference to the Secretary of the Association is a reference:- Where a person holds Office under these Rules as Secretary of the Association, to that person.
(3) Words of expressions contained in these Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the provisions of the Acts Interpretation Act 1958 and the Act as in force from time to time.
2A. In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires:
- Headings, underlining and the Table of Contents are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of these rules.
- Words importing the singular include the plural and visa versa.
- Words importing a gender include any gender.
- Other parts of speech and grammatical forms of a word or phase defined in these rules have a corresponding meaning.
- A reference to anything includes a part of that thing.
- A reference to these rules includes a reference to any appendix, annexe, exhibit or schedule to these rules.
- A reference to a statute, regulation, proclamation, ordinance or by-Iaws includes all statutes, regulations, proclamations, ordinances or by-Iaws amending consolidating or replacing it and a reference to statute includes all regulations, proclamations, ordinances and by-laws issued under that statute.
- A reference to a document includes all amendments or supplements to, or replacements of, that document.
- A reference to a statue regulation proclamation ordinance or by-Iaws includes all statues regulations proclamations ordinances or by-Iaws amending consolidating or replacing it and a reference to statue includes all regulations proclamations ordinances and by-laws issued under that statue.
- A reference to a document includes all amendments or supplements to or replacements of that document.
- A covenant or agreement on the part of two or more persons binds them jointly and severally.
- An expression importing a natural person includes any company partnership association corporation or other body corporate and any government agency; and
- Where the day on or by which any thing is to be done is not a Business Day, that thing must be done on or by the preceding Business Day.