2. Rod Marsh and Ian Botham. When Botham took guard in an Ashes match, Marsh welcomed him to the wicket with the immortal words: "So how's your wife and my kids?"
3. Daryll Cullinan and Shane Warne. As Cullinan was on his way to the wicket, Warne told him he had been waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him. "Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan retorted.
4. Adam Parore and Daryll Cullinan. Because Cullinan is well known for being Warne's bunny, New Zealand keeper Parore greeted the South African, carefully playing the first ball from Kiwi Chris Harris, with a cry of: "Bowled Warnie!"
5. Glenn McGrath and Eddo Brandes. After Brandes played and missed at a McGrath delivery, the Aussie bowler politely enquired: "Oi, Brandes, why are you so fat?" "Cos every time I f*** your wife she gives me a biscuit," Brandes replied.
6. Robin Smith and Merv Hughes. During 1989 Lords Test Hughes said to Smith after he played and missed: "You can't f***ing bat". Smith to Hughes after he smacked him to the boundary: "Hey Merv, we make a fine pair. I can't f***ing bat and you can't f***ing bowl."
7. Merv Hughes and Javed Miandad. During 1991 Adelaide Test, Javed called Merv a fat bus conductor. A few balls latter Merv dismissed Javed: "Tickets please", Merv called out as he ran past the departing batsman
8. Merv Hughes and Viv Richards. During a test match in the West Indies Hughes didn't say a word to Viv, but continued to stare at him after deliveries. "This is my island, my culture. Don't you be staring at me. In my culture we just bowl." Merv didn't reply, but after he dismissed him he announced to the batsman: "In my culture we just say f*** off."
9. Ricky Ponting and Shaun Pollock. After going past the outside edge with a couple of deliveries, Pollock told Ponting: "It's red, round and weighs about five ounces." Unfortunately for Pollock, the next ball was hammered out of the ground. Ponting to Pollock: "you know what it looks like, now go find it."
10. And of course you can't forget Ian Healy's legendary comment which was picked up by the Channel 9 microphones when Arjuna Ranatunga called for a runner on a particularly hot night during a one dayer in Sydney... "You don't get a runner for being an overweight, unfit, fat c***!!!"
11. In one of the tour matches in South Africa, Australia played Hansie Cronje's province. Cronje was at the non strikers end, there was a short chubby batsman on strike. Ian Healy yelled to Warne, (I think) "Bowl a Mars Bar half way down...We'll get him stumped" TheAussies and Cronje were all in hysterics. The batsman's retort: "Nah, Boonie fielding at short leg will be onto it before I can move."